Soups of the World - Tortellini en Brodo

Tortellini en brodo (or in broth) is often eaten at Christmas in Italy. It looks to be one of the simplest soups I'm ever likely to make with only two ingredients plus seasoning.


Ingredients:

Chicken stock
Tortellini (with cheese filling)
Salt & pepper


This is my first time buying fresh pasta, I always buy dried and I've occasionally made my own. These tortellini look like they'd be simple to make so I'll have to have a go at making filled pasta sometime.


Bring the stock to the boil in a pan and then add the pasta. Simmer for 5 minutes until the pasta has a bloated look and is cooked. 


 Serve in a bowl and season with salt & pepper.


This is a lovely, simple soup. I could taste all the flavours clearly as I ate it. The cheese inside the tortellini had melted giving a lovely burst of cheesy goodness as I bit into them. The slightly salty broth went nicely with the smooth pasta with each one having it's own pool of broth on my spoon en route to my mouth. I recommend lots of freshly ground pepper. Yum!

Comments