St. Kitts & Nevis - Spicy Plantains

St. Kitts & Nevis is a country made up of two islands in the West Indies. I picked this recipe because I've always wanted to try plantains.

Ingredients:

2 plantains
1 onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili


 Peel and chop the plantains into bite-sized pieces.


 Add all the other ingredients and stir them well to combine.


Heat some oil in a pan and fry the plantains until slightly browned.


Drain on paper towels and serve while still hot.


Neither JD or I were looking forward to trying these as we're not keen on bananas. We needn't of worried though because plantains are not  like bananas at all. They're firmer and when fried had the same texture as sweet potatoes, which we love. The spiciness was lovely and when we'd eaten them I wished I'd made more. I'm interested to try eating plantains in other ways now. I like how well the simple ingredients combined to make a really delicious dish. Very nice!

Comments