Uruguay - Milanesa


 Not sure what's going on with this dish really as it's originally from Milan in Italy but it's very popular in Uruguay. I'm not one to complain though so here we go! I picked this dish because frankly I'm tired of the kids not trying the blog foods I make and this dish is essentially a huge chicken nugget. A Uruguayan one. :)



Ingredients:

Any thinly cut meat (I chose turkey)
3-4 eggs
Breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
Oil, for frying


 Beat the eggs in a dish and dip the meat in the egg.


Then dip in the breadcrumbs making sure the steaks are covered well.



 Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the steaks, turning occasionally so they brown evenly.


 There are several different toppings for a Milanese steak, you can even top them and eat in a bread bun as a sandwich. We chose to have ours with a fried egg on top. I served it with home-made chips and peas.


Success! The kids ate them up and proclaimed me the best cook ever. I revelled in the glory of feeding my children and it was good. The steaks were tasty but un-satisfying as a blog food because it's food we would usually eat. The egg on the steak didn't really add much but as we don't often eat fried eggs it was a nice excuse to have one. :D

Next week I'm going to attempt the feat of a blog food a day all week. Wish me luck! :)

Comments