Russia - Beef Stroganoff

I've never had a stroganoff, the mushrooms in it put me off. But, I'm going to be brave and try it, mushrooms and all :(

Ingredients:

• 600g beef
 • 1 onion
 • Olive oil
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• 350g mushrooms
• 500g wide pasta ribbons
• 300ml sour cream
• A small bunch of dill



 This is a really simple recipe. I like how there aren't many different ingredients too :)

First cut the beef into small pieces and saute in a bit of olive oil.


When it's browned, remove it from the pan and set aside. Chop up the onion and mushrooms.



Using a little more oil, saute the onion with the paprika.




When they're done, add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Next, add the sour cream.



Mix well until the sour cream is warmed through then take off the heat. Serve, garnishing the stroganoff with a few sprigs of dill.



The stroganoff smelled great while it was cooking and looked really appetising. However...I didn't like it. The taste of the mushrooms was quite strong in the sour cream sauce. Which would be lovely if you enjoy mushrooms. I'm glad to have tried it but I won't be making it again.

Comments