Chile - Completo Hot Dog

I love hot dogs and this version is very popular in Chile. It includes avocado, which I'm not keen on but I'll give it a try for the sake of my blog!

Ingredients:

* 1 tbls of oil
* hot dog buns
* hot dog sausages
* 1 ripe avocado
* hot sauce
* mayonnaise
* tomato sauce
* mustard
* 1 tomato
* 1 onion
* 1 lemon
* salt



First, you need to get some of the ingredients ready. Start by peeling the avocado and mashing it with a fork. Add 2 tbls of lemon juice from the lemon and half a teaspoon of salt and stir well.



Slice the onion and cook it in the oil until it's cooked and translucent.



Dice the tomato.



Cook the hot dogs according to it's instructions. Now you're ready to start assembling the hot dog. Put the hot dog in the bun and drizzle with a small amount of hot sauce.



Next add the fried onions and the diced tomato.



Now add a good helping of the avocado.



Then a stripe of mayonnaise on top.



Finish it off with some tomato sauce and mustard. I ate mine with some tortilla chips too.



I can see why they call it a completo, it's a lot of different things to have on top of a hot dog. I almost dislocated my jaw trying to eat it. It was delicious, even with the avocado. All the flavours of the sauces went really well together to make each mouthful hot, creamy and spicy. Very nice but hard to eat!

Comments