Estonia - Banana Curry Soup

Extremely dubious about this recipe but I'll give it a try.

Ingredients:

* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 small onion
* ½ tablespoon curry powder
* 6 cups chicken stock
* 3 ripe bananas
* 2 tablespoon lemon juice
* ½ cup double cream
* 1 teaspoon salt



Melt the butter in a pan (or in your new shiny stockpot if (like me) you have a fantastic boyfriend)and add the onion.



Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes and then add the curry powder.



Cook for another minute and then add the lemon juice, banana and salt. Mix well.



Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.



Serve and add some cream if you want.



I can honestly say this was one of the worst foods I've ever tasted. The banana was soft and slimy. It didn't seem to add much to the flavour of the soup. It smelled delicious while it was cooking so tasting it was a big disappointment. I won't be making this again!

Comments