Senegal - Sweet Potato Stew

I'm not going sweet potato crazy, this is just a coincidence! I wanted to try this because it's got aubergine (eggplant) in it and I've never been keen on it's texture. So I'm giving it another go.

Ingredients:

* 1 cup of water
* 1 onion
* couple of inches of ginger
* 1 tbls molasses
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp coriander
* 1/4 tsp cayenne
* 1/4 tsp turmeric
* 1 sweet potato
* 1 aubergine
* 1 carrot
* handful of kale
* 1 cup of frozen peas
* 1 tbls peanut butter



Chop the sweet potato and aubergine into bite size pieces and put in a pan. Add the water, spices, molasses, chopped onion, peas and chopped ginger.



Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cut up carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes.



Add the chopped kale and cook for another 3 minutes.



Add the peanut butter and stir it in well.



Serve in a bowl and enjoy!



I loved it. One of the tastiest dishes I've tried so far. It was soft and spicy and the kale added a nice crunch to it. I was suspicious that everything wouldn't be cooked enough with it having such a short cooking time but it was perfect. I love quick, easy one pot dishes and this is one of the best.

Comments