Samoa - Pani keke Samoa

I decided to start with a pud and these banana doughnuts looked easy to make.

Ingredients:

* 2 ripe bananas

* 3.5 Cups Flour

* 1.25 Cups Sugar

* 2 teaspoons baking powder

* 1.5 Cups Water

* Vegetable oil for frying.


Mash the two bananas. I used my hands to mush them up because it stuck to the spoon.

Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine dry ingredients with the banana mush and fold the mixture (don’t mix or use a mixer). Add the water to make the folding easier until there are no more ingredients that are dry.



Heat oil in a pan, oil should be deep enough to cover the size of doughnuts you want to make.

Add the mixture with a wet spoon when the oil is hot. I used a tablespoon which made them a nice size. They float to the top of the oil as they start to cook making them easy to flip over so you can see how well they're cooking.



I made 6 at a time and then drained them on kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.

Me and my daughter Leigh ate them with vanilla ice cream with golden syrup drizzled on top.



They were really delicious. Crispy on the outside but soft and doughy on the inside. They tasted quite subtly of banana which is good because they're not my favourite fruit.

Now considering a move to Samoa!

Comments