Albania - Qofte te Ferguara

Time for some meat and what could be meatier than balls made of meat.

Ingredients:

* 0.5 kg minced lamb

* 3 tbls breadcrumbs

* 2 tbls chopped feta cheese

* 1 onion finely chopped

* salt and pepper

* about 10 ripped up mint leaves

* 0.5 cup of flour

* 1 cup oil for frying

I'm almost embarrassed to type out this recipe because it's so easy!

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (except the oil obviously) and mix.



Roll the mixture into whatever sized meatballs you'd like. I did mine about an inch in diameter. Heat the cup of oil in a pan and when the oil is ready (you can tell by putting a tiny bit in and seeing if it 'fizzes') fry the meatballs in batches of 6 (or however many fit comfortably in your pan).



I served them in a bowl with a bit more mint ripped up on top. They were moist enough inside to eat on their own but they'd also be great with a sauce too.



I really enjoyed them. They were really crispy on the outside and the feta cheese was still soft and melty on the inside. I'll definitely be making them again, probably for my boyfriend JD to try since he loves meatballs.

Comments